Ofertas de Empleo
Front Line Software Support Engineer
The successful candidate will join the Software Group within the ALMA Department of Computing and will actively participate at the computing support activities for maintaining observatory operations. In particular, his/her duties will include the recovery of computing systems, installation of software patches, software configuration and problem reporting.
· Provide front-end support to observatory operations through the recovery of computing systems in case of issues detected during science or engineering activities.
· Reporting of computing issues detected during operations for further analysis by Diagnostic and Support group.
· Installation and configuration of the software associated to the core processes of the observatory (Data Acquisition, Processing, Transmission and Delivery).
· Installation and verification of software patches for the stable release and reporting of results.
· Maintenance of operational scripts oriented to support deployment activities.
· Provide support on ALMA software usage to non-software engineers and astronomers.
· An academic degree in computing, software or electronics engineering, computer sciences, physics or equivalent. A demonstrable experience in a position with similar technical requirements is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix environment, object oriented programming and scripting languages such bash and python.
· Able to work closely coordinated with a geographically distributed team. Good self-learning skills.
· Highly motivated and proactive team player, with good communicational and interpersonal skills. Interest in working on multidisciplinary teams involving computing, software engineers, radio astronomers and array operators.
· English – Intermediate to advanced level. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· The position duty station is the Operations Support Facility (OSF) working in an 8x6 shift schedule (work 8 days and rest 6 days)
· The position requires to work during evening/night shifts in an 11 hours work schedule.
· Work is typically performed indoors.
· Multicultural experience with a great working environment.
· Be part of one of the highest qualified science professionals team in the world.
· Competitive salaries and bonus.
· Additional vacation days per year.
· Family benefits.
· Great opportunities for learning and career development.
· High standard facilities with great accommodation.
- Object oriented programming
- Scripting languages such bash and python
- University studies completed
- Intermediate-advanced English
- Python (Nivel medio)
- Scripting (Nivel experto)
- Unix (Nivel medio)
Escrito: Medio - Hablado: Alto - Traducción: Medio